Have you been caught in the throes of Brandon, Florida workers’ compensation disputes with your employer or their insurance company? In the event of a severe workplace injury, your physical well-being and financial stability could hang in the balance for years to come- making it imperative to seek legal representation from a reputable and experienced workers’ compensation attorney in Brandon, FL.
When a workplace injury occurs, you have the right to claim compensation from your employer’s workers’ comp insurance policy. Unfortunately, obtaining the rightful compensation that you are unequivocally entitled to is not always a given certainty. In fact, the insurance company or employer could challenge or reject your claim on an assortment of grounds.
In the bustling city of Brandon FL, the task of selecting a reputable and experienced workers’ compensation attorney is no mean feat. Indeed, extensive research on your part plays a pivotal role in determining the most suitable candidate to handle your WC claim with utmost precision. WorkInjuryRights stands out as the epitome of reliability and proficiency in Brandon – your ultimate ally in navigating the murky waters of the workers’ compensation ecosystem.
Throughout our illustrious history spanning several years, our team of workers’ comp lawyers has successfully resolved hundreds of similar claims, securing millions of dollars in compensation on behalf of their clients. With a team of highly skilled and experienced WC lawyers at our disposal, we possess both the required proficiency and technical know-how to deliver optimal results and secure the maximum financial benefits for your injuries.
Our exclusive focus on workers’ compensation law has solidified our standing as the go-to candidate in Brandon, FL for precisely this type of legal expertise, making us the prime selection for those seeking effective representation in this specialized field of law. Rest assured that with WorkInjuryRights handling your workers’ compensation claim, you will experience a seamless process, with a guaranteed outcome that surpasses your expectations.
Hence, make the best decision for yourself and contact WorkInjuryRights today at 954-833-5226 to handle your workers’ compensation claim in Brandon, FL, and obtain the maximum benefits in the process.
Causes Of Workers’ Compensation Disputes In Brandon
Workers’ compensation insurance is usually designed to compensate employees who are injured on the job. But it doesn’t mean your claim will be automatically accepted by the insurance provider. The insurance company or your employer has the right to dispute or completely deny your rightful claim under numerous circumstances. In fact, there are many reasons for your employer or insurance company to deny your workers’ compensation claim in Brandon, FL.
- No witnesses – If you don’t have any eyewitnesses to your workplace injury, the employer or his/her insurance provider can cite it as a reason to dispute or deny your claim.
- Employment status – First of all, you should be injured while performing your official duties in order to claim compensation from the workers’ compensation insurance system. But many employees make the mistake of delaying the claim process until they are fired or laid off from work. This is another reason for your employer or his/her insurance provider to deny or dispute your claim. The best time to file your claim is to do it as soon as you have been injured at work.
- Outside the scope of employment – If you were injured outside the legitimate scope of your employment, your employer or insurance company can deny or dispute the claim. In fact, your injury should occur at the workplace while you are performing the job assigned to you by the employer. You should wear the safety gear assigned by your employer and follow all the safety regulations of the company. If not, the employer or his/her insurance provider can dispute or completely deny your claim.
- Missing the deadline – In the state of Florida, you have only 30 days – from the date of the accident and your subsequent injuries – to inform your employer about your injuries. If you don’t notify the employer or his/her representative within these 30 days, they may dispute the claim and make it difficult for you to file a claim.
What Should You Do If Your Workers’ Comp Claim Is Denied In Brandon, Florida?
If your workers’ comp claim is disputed or denied for whatever reason, you can appeal the denial with the OJCC or the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims in Florida. You should submit your appeal with the help of an experienced workers’ comp lawyer in town. Once you appeal the claim, the OJCC will mediate to settle your rightful claim. In case the claim isn’t settled at this stage, you can request a pre-trial hearing.
Types Of Workers’ Compensation Disputes In Brandon
- Medical disputes – These are some of the most common disputes in WC claims. They usually occur over medical opinions & facts with regard to how the employee should be treated. In fact, medical disputes include treatments, surgeries, and related medical services. A reputable WC lawyer in Brandon can negotiate with an authorized physician and solve most such disputes.
- Claim disputes – Claim disputes are all about how your claim will be processed in Brandon, FL. For example, the extent of your injury will have an impact on how the insurance company decides to pay compensation for your injuries. The insurer will determine how the injury affects different parts of your body and your ability to perform the job after your recovery.
Workers’ Compensation Dispute And Appeals Process In Brandon, Florida
You have the right to formally appeal the dispute with the OJCC or the Office of the Judges of Compensation Claims. They will notify the insurance provider about your appeal and the insurance company should either pay your compensation or report to the OCJJ within 14 days.
Are you experiencing Brandon, Florida workers’ compensation disputes with your employer or their insurance company? WorkInjuryRights is your trusted team of law experts to handle your WC claim and obtain maximum benefits. Contact WorkInjuryRights today at 954-833-5226 to handle your workers’ compensation claim in Brandon, FL, and obtain the maximum benefits in the process.